Commercial Real Estate
Our commercial real estate practice encompasses a variety of commercial real estate transactions and related matters. Our team of attorneys and support staff possess a thorough understanding of the business of commercial real estate, providing our clients with exceptional, innovative, market-savvy advice that is both practical and cost effective. Whether we’re working with an insurance company, private equity fund, CMBS lender, commercial bank, investment bank, commercial real estate loan servicer or other type of real estate lender, owner, developer or investor, we begin with an understanding of our client’s structure, business, competitive advantages and concerns; and bring specialized and individualized legal counsel to all stages of our clients' transactions.
A representative sampling of our commercial real estate practice includes:
- Representing lenders and borrowers in connection with a variety of loan facilities (including but not limited to fixed and variable rate permanent loans, as well as bridge and construction loans) secured by all asset classes of real property.
- Representing commercial, retail, and industrial landlords and tenants.
- Drafting and negotiating contracts of sale as well as options on behalf of sellers and purchasers of improved (including but not limited to multi-family, office, retail, industrial, and flex properties) and unimproved real property.
- Representing purchaser-lessors as well as seller-lessees in sale-leaseback transactions.
- Representing clients engaged in 1031 tax deferred exchanges.
- Representing clients in transactions in the newly created Opportunity Zones.
- Representing sellers and purchasers of development tracts, including transactions contingent on complex zoning and related land use entitlements and approvals.
- Counseling clients in the structuring of joint ventures, partnerships, and limited liability entities.
- Representing lenders in the workout and restructuring of distressed debt.